View Single Post
Old August 31, 2013, 04:15 PM   #8
wolfwood

I've fought muay thai on the rez a few times and one of my friends who consulted for Baker v. kealoha on appellate procedure specializes in Indian law. Accordingly I know a little about how it works. So for the most part unless agreed upon otherwise the states have no authority over Indian lands that exist inside their borders. The Indian lands are only subject to federal law except for a few exceptions that do not apply here. A example of this is the State of California in all its wisdom requires at the minimum (it goes up based on many factors) 50 thousand dollar license fee to be paid to host a mma fight. That has drive pro fights onto the reservation other than the most elite of course. Amateur shows don't have to pay that which means California is in a odd position where pro shows are actually much less organized and are in the middle of reservations. The ammies are actually done often times downtown in nice bars and other scenic venues.

As applied to firearms that means that only federal law applies and Indian Reservations are not subject to state CCW laws. The laws are made by the tribes elder council and typically are fairly lax as to guns. b

Page generated in 0.04638 seconds with 8 queries