View Single Post
Old June 11, 2013, 08:28 PM   #10
Captchee

while i can see and understand your point , the fact is they have every right to tell you they wont sell you something as long as it doesn’t discriminate base of sex , religion or race and now sexual preference i guess .
I would as such agree with David in that just because you or any of us , don’t see a loop hole , that doesn’t mean their attorneys don’t see a likely case where they could be held responsible.
Also as I said before maybe it more politics . Does your state require companies that sell on the internet to collect taxes .IE Is there something about the way the state you live in regulates firearms sales ?
I ask because I don’t know .
But in the end , it still doesn’t mater , they say NO and that’s their right , its their product

Quote:
You don't get how they are spreading misinformation? Let me spell it out: they're implying that there's a law saying they're prohibited from shipping black powder firearms to some jurisdictions. That's not true. That's how they're spreading misinformation.
i dont think they are saying that at all . what i read them as saying is that they dont trust the wording of your laws and there fore they wont ship to your state. In your e-mail it states

Quote:
we, along with other retailers such as Bass Pro and Cabelas, had not been shipping to certain states (like Michigan) due to the laws being restrictive or unclear.
now let me point out that it doesnt say what laws. so somewhere they must feel that your laws dont favor them or leaves them open in some way .
like david mentioned , they have people whos jb is to look at and consider such things and since there is a loss of money for the company by not shipping to you . the it would apear that the loss to the company is less then the possable cost of shipping to you

Last edited by Captchee; June 11, 2013 at 08:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.01953 seconds with 8 queries