View Single Post
Old May 20, 2013, 06:12 PM   #16
wyobohunter

Southern Appalachia Trail and Open Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merad View Post
I can't think offhand of any southern states that I'd consider "not gun friendly". Are you talking about open carry specifically?

Bear in mind that we have people. Lots of them. Population densities along the south eastern coast start at 30x greater than that of Wyoming. NC for example has almost 20x the population of Wyoming in about half the land area. Lots of people packed closer together leads to different attitudes about things like open carry.
I think you are using population density and total population interchangeably.

www.city-data.com/.../Charlotte-North-C...
Charlotte, North Carolina detailed profile. ... Population density: 3031 people per square mile ...

And

www.city-data.com/city/Cheyenne-Wyo...
Cheyenne, Wyoming detailed profile. ... Population density: 2830 people per square mile ...

A difference in population density of about 200 isn't much really. Yet Cheyenne (our biggest city) has the same gun laws as the rest of the state.

I imagine there are lots of small towns/rural areas in NC where the laws are the same as in Charlotte.

I could understand your point if the OC law only applied in urban areas, it seems to apply everywhere.

Maybe my personal definition of "gun friendly" is just different from yours. It is subjective. IMO requiring any type of permit to purchase, own or carry a firearm is not gun friendly.

Last edited by wyobohunter; May 20, 2013 at 06:23 PM.

Page generated in 0.02051 seconds with 8 queries