View Single Post
Old December 6, 2009, 10:38 PM   #1
johnwilliamson062

Gun season and deer preperation

Gun week went poorly for me. Like most I spent a lot of time freezing my butt off. I got nothing for my time. Well I had afield mouse running all over me for a few minutes which was odd and an owl perched not 5 feet from my stand at one point. On one of our drives we caught a coyote in it and that was one heck of a good time. Much faster and smaller than deer.

Because there is a chance this will be my last season to hunt in Ohio for some time I am really pressing to bag a deer. A buddy has pretty much convinced me I NEED to borrow his cross bow to max the time I can spend out hunting.

Now that you know my deer hunting situation, here is my query:
I assume, like every profession, not all butchers are equal. I hunt in Knox County, spend time in Franklin, and live in Greene. If it is cold enough I could probably transport to a butcher local to any of those areas conveniently. Anyone have a standout out does an awesome job butcher suggestion?

Also, lets say I get all the tasty cuts as steaks. I can get some summer sausage/venison stick, any other suggestions? I won't be processing myself unless one of my hunting buddies who has the equipment happens to be doing it at the same time.

Page generated in 0.03631 seconds with 8 queries