View Single Post
Old December 8, 2001, 12:06 PM   #8
kotengu

Thanks for all the advice. I will definitely by trying and testing many of these options - reliability is my #1 concern, to put anything before that is rediculous.

I've read a lot about patterning and will have to do some of this, too. What is the best method? Do you pattern at several different distances, or can you assume a linear (or maybe exponential) expansion as the distance increases? Do most people pattern at their calculated longest HD distance? Do you all keep "logbooks" of how different ammo patterns in a particular gun at different distances, or am I putting too much into this?

I did notice when shooting my friend's Winchester 1300 that it did great for me, and was very easy to hit with (it was my first time shooting a shotgun, although I've had a fair amount of experience with rifles and pistols). I was surprised to find that I "short-stroked" my "riceburner" a couple of times when I first tried it (leaving the chamber empty after racking the pump) - this was never an issue with the Winchester - I didn't even know to think about it..........just coincidence, or is there something in the design that's superior?

Thanks again,
Matt

Page generated in 0.02470 seconds with 8 queries