View Single Post
Old February 3, 2009, 12:12 PM   #26
cjw3cma

Happened to me years ago...............

Back in the early 70's while living in northern San Diego county (Oceanside). It was about 10pm or so and my two younger brothers were out in the garage packing up the van as my brother was getting ready to head up to UCLA. My 2 daughters were asleep but my wife and my sister-in-law were in the family room watching TV. 2 members of a Mexican motorcycle gang entered the garage and began pushing my brothers around. My little brother ran into the house to warn me and the 2 "idiots" followed him into my home where they found me pointing my .357 revolver (with its 6" barrel) directly at their torso yelling at them to stop and don't move because if they did I would pull the trigger. My wife called the police and for what seemed like an eternity I held them at gun point until the police arrived - actually less than 5 minutes. The officers who came to the house 1 of them I went to high school with and the other I knew from college. They arrested the "idiots" and had to pry my fingers off of the trigger.

If anything like that were to ever happen to me again I do not think that I would hold them at gun point - they get into my house and I assume that deadly force is required to protect my loved ones. Inside the house they are shot / outside the house depending on their actions they either can run away or if they make a threatening move - I shoot to protect.

Page generated in 0.02754 seconds with 8 queries