View Single Post
Old July 26, 2011, 11:34 AM   #8
FrontSight

Quote:
for me, deer hunting is done in almost the same terrain as elk so I dont imagine that the AR10 would be that much of a step up from packing my ar15. granted I'm probably going to use a build that focuses more on accuracy than space/weight conservation but it should be no more than 2 pounds more so it might just take a few "test trips" packing it around the bush to get me used to the added weight.
If you can do it then more power to ya, but after hauling around a stock armalite AR-10 with a 3x9 scope and a harris bipod for about 2 hours a couple of years ago on a leisurely hunt through slightly hilly (mowed!) grassy terrain on a tactical 3 point sling, I sure know that I would not want to do that ever again. Sure the bipod added a bit of weight, but it was only for a couple of hours, and it wasn't even tough terrain...

Page generated in 0.02354 seconds with 8 queries