View Single Post
Old October 29, 2008, 09:24 AM   #14
Dwight55

I agree David Armstrong is 100% correct in what he says, . . . "Most robberies everywhere in the US don't involve anyone getting shot. The best response is to cooperate with the robber until and/or unless something indicates that the robber is intending to harm you rather than rob you."

The only caveat is that I really don't know what is going through the thinking process of the robber. If I cooperate, . . . and he is one of the minority of "leave no living witnesses" variety, . . . then I have to wait until I or someone else is shot before I begin to defend myself/us.

I really believe that IF I HAVE THE CHANCE I would unholster, be ready, be a good witness, . . . and if he decided to leave with only the money and maybe a bag of chips, . . . let him leave. Circumstances may not allow me to unholster, . . . so then you just have to watch closely and pray he just leaves.

However, . . . I do not plan to be in such a situation with the pre-formed attitude of doing nothing just because "most robbers don't shoot". Running into one that does changes my whole retirement plan and ruins my living 401k.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.04184 seconds with 8 queries