Thread: Super Redhawk
View Single Post
Old July 5, 2013, 10:04 AM   #1
SteelChickenShooter

Super Redhawk

First impression of newly purchased Ruger Super Redhawk.
The plastic box seems to have been molded to fit the common wood side panel grip. The larger rubber finger groove grip is a bit of a squeeze getting it into the box. Mine is the 7.5 inch. Application is close range deer hunting.
Used some plain ordinary Magtech 44 Mag 240 gr ammo to sight in so I didn't consume much of my premium hunting ammo. Distance is 43 yards. Out of the box without checking sights with a bore sighter: first impact was dead even on elevation, but about 4 to 5 inches right. Adjusted several clicks or more brought the second impact about 1 inch right. Now continuing with one or two more clicks, then loading my first hunting round, Impact was dead center left & right and about 1 inch higher than the initial rounds. Bullet placement was precisely where I want it. So I am well pleased with performance and ready to go. Three shots at 40 yards, and the third shot wasn't really needed. Except it is nice to confirm your hits are dead on the mark. That is satisfying when you fire a new handgun with such positive results. Ordered the Galco cross draw D.A.O. holster for it.

Page generated in 0.02839 seconds with 8 queries