View Single Post
Old April 14, 2013, 04:44 AM   #99
larryh1108

Quote:
There's something to be said for staying and fighting. Sure, they can just up and move, but which approach will have a greater impact?
I believe that reasons for a boycott are not being understood. An organized boycott is to show that we are serious about the actions taking place. Yes, it is punitive but it's to show future law makers that there will be repurcussions if they vote for restrictive laws. Staying and fighting have not helped the states who have voted up until now. An organized boycott is for the states who will vote next week or next month.

Quote:
We all applauded (and rightfully so) when Magpul pulled out of Colorado, but it appears that the economic impact had no influence on policymakers.
We don't know this yet. It's still too new. Each week more and more states will review and possibly vote on similar laws. In CT, the governor stated that he will not be held hostage by gunmakers who threaten to leave. His statement showed he didn't care or believe they would move.

Fast forward to State X. They only have a few gun related makers but they employ a nice amount of people. A vote is coming and it seems that it will be a close vote. Maker A and C state they will leave if they vote against the gun owners. The lawmakers have seen the boycotts and/or businesses moving out of other states who already passed the laws. This state can't afford to lose them and votes against the bill.

A boycott is supposed to say we won't accept this when doing it "the right way" didn't or doesn't work. "Get out there. Write your lawmakers. Send emails. Flood their phone lines. Participate in the marches. Show up at city hall on vote day" we were told. We did. They thumbed their noses at us. They didn't care. They do care about money for the state.

The federal vote will probably fail this time around. Not enough support. The country is safe? They'll move back to the states. All of the blue states will fall, one at a time, unless we fight back with more than words. It seems that the states are split 25/25. So, half the country will go with Obama's wishes. Half our guys will get jobbed. So, don't try to stop them. Send your emails, make your calls, write your letters. They don't care. They've said that already.

link for state voting results:

http://www.politico.com/2012-electio...resident/2012/

Me, I'll boycott. We got screwed already. I'm not going to allow them to do this in other states if I can help it. Others can write their emails, I'm going to let them know with my wallet. If enough people get enraged at what is going on maybe we will make a difference. So many people here feel it won't happen to them. They are safe. It's not their problem because they live in the "right" state. They are coming for your guns too but it will just take a little more time. Yes, it can happen to you.

Last edited by larryh1108; April 14, 2013 at 06:42 AM.

Page generated in 0.03382 seconds with 8 queries