View Single Post
Old September 8, 2010, 02:27 PM   #17
Slowhand

Nipple Wrenchs and Stuck Nipples

I'm still with the prevention thing but... as several people have pointed out they can come that way when we buy used weapons that have been sitting around for a few decades. I'm adding a couple of nipple wrenches to the collection.

The Pietta 1858 Remington replica that I own sat around since 1976, not being fired. I sprayed her down with Ballistol a couple of times and played around with the loading lever and clicked a few parts to loosen them up. Getting the cylinder pin out took a dowel and a hammer. I then took her apart and removed the nipples.

I cleaned her up real good and started putting them back in. I put some Thompsons Super Lube on the threads. All went back in ok, except for the last one of course and it just would not crank down. I finally took a second one out and it screwed right in to the empty slot. The first one of course did the same. Go figure that one out?

Any way this old gal is going to get a range trip in the near future. Like a couple of other Safe Queens she is way over due.

Some great stuff on here about dealing with stuck nipples. I've of course taken quite a few notes on it.

Page generated in 0.02229 seconds with 8 queries