View Single Post
Old October 16, 2010, 11:29 AM   #1
Harry Callahan

Sticky situation?

I am in a bit of a quandary. I am seriously considering carrying in my car's center console in the prescribed manner. There are occasions where I have to go in to bad neighborhoods while doing my job. When I first started this job(then for an insurance company since acquired by my present employer and in a company car)I had to sign a document which stated that I would not carry a gun in the car and if ever caught doing so would be grounds for immediate dismissal. I am a little hesitant to inquire what my present employer's position is because I don't want to tip my hand regarding my position on self defense and my right to carry. I no longer drive a company car, instead driving my own and getting paid for mileage. I have an Illinois Firearm Owners ID(FOID), along with Pennsylvania and Florida carry permits which I use when my job takes me to Indiana or Missouri. I still am afraid that in Illinois I could be pulled over by some Barney Fife wannabe who, upon finding out I have a gun in my console, will put me in jail until they sort through all the legalities, which could cost me my job. I don't want to put my family in that position but still don't want to feel helpless every time I go to a bad neighborhood. Also, see link below for law regarding this in Illinois. Any thoughts?
http://www.icarry.org/content-3.html
"Ah ah. I know what you're thinkin'. Did he fire 6 shots or only 5? To tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But with this being a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off... you've got to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky? WELL DO YA, PUNK?!!!"- Harry Callahan(Dirty Harry)

Page generated in 0.03397 seconds with 8 queries