View Single Post
Old December 11, 2013, 08:09 AM   #1
Mystro

Local girl just got attacked by a Black Bear while deer hunting in Central Pa.

A local girl down the road from me was attacked by a black bear on Monday during a deer drive in central Pa.

The story from the local paper:
Black bear mauls 18-year-old hunter
December 11, 2013
Williamsport Sun-Gazette

MILLHALL - An 18-year-old girl is in fair condition after being mauled by a bear while hunting Monday afternoon, state police and hospital officials said.

Camille Marie Bomboy underwent surgery at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville and, according to reports, is recovering well from her injuries.

According to state police, the victim suffered multiple deep tissue bites to her arms and shoulders and a deep laceration to her head. She was taken first to Lock Haven Hospital and later transferred to Geisinger.

The attack occurred along the Jacksonville Road in Porter Township, Trooper Darryl Martin of the state police at Lamar said.
Bomboy, of Mill Hall, was hunting deer at the family farm at 7786 Jacksonville Road, police said, and was driving deer for a large hunting party when the confrontation occurred.

Police said Bomboy saw three black bear cubs run past her during the drive, turned around and saw a large black bear charging her.

The bear knocked her to the ground and began to bite her, but her stepfather, Mike Corter, who was nearby and witnessed the attack, scared the bear off the teen.

Game commission officials said Corter fired a weapon into the air, and another hunter in the group is believed to have put a round in the animal, which ran off after the attack.

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"

Last edited by Mystro; December 11, 2013 at 08:33 AM.

Page generated in 0.03269 seconds with 8 queries