View Single Post
Old October 13, 2012, 11:16 AM   #1
willmc33

Stovepipe opinions?

I had a difference of opinion toda with a range officer. My Smith & Wesson 5906 9mm has been completely flawless until today. Now my magazine springs have been WEAK for awhile and I was expecting them to cause a malfunction sooner then later. I had 2 stove pipes using Federal Hydra Shok 124 grain standard pressure Reduced Recoil Ammo. Never had a problem with this ammo before. I have fired +p from this pistol and it worked flawless, I have fired all brands of ammo and it was flawless. I even found an old box of ammo and switched back to that and had no more problems.

Now the cause of the debate was the range officer was of the opinion that the standard pressure reduced recoil ammo was making my slide return to fast to allow proper cycling. That was not my opinion. I feel that it was the mag springs. Especially since I changed to a stronger ammo and it cycled fine.
We didnt get into a argument just a disagreement. Just curious as to if any of you also think that the standard pressure reduced recoil ammo was making the pistol operate to fast to cycle correctly?

Page generated in 0.03699 seconds with 8 queries