View Single Post
Old November 10, 2001, 11:20 AM   #6
CD1

Highpower,

I use a Knight DISC rifle. It's an in-line ignition, using a #209 shotshell primer. I use 150 grains of pyrodex pellets, and have a Leupold 3-9 Vari-X II scope on top. Now on to the good stuff...

Shooting...Exceptionally accurate. I have mine zeroed at 150 yards. I can hit reliably at 200 with it. The only complaints I have about it is that the rod holder is plastic and breaks frequently, and the bolt can rotate open with the safty on or off (meaning its possible to have the bolt open and your primer fall out without you knowing it). Once you close the bolt on the DISC it is rain proof. One final note is that if you mount a scope on it you may have to modify your stock to get proper cheek weld. I surgically attached a piece of Nerf football to mine to get it right. With the open sights it's OK, the scope forces you to be up a little higher.

Cleanup is a piece of cake. This is where the inline differs from my last muzzle loader. I can clean the gun in TEN MINUTES. That is breaking it down, cleaning it, and putting it back together again. I can't over-state how nice it is to not have to bring the gun to the bath tub to clean it. The breech plug comes out and you just run your patches through it like a bolt action rifle.

Page generated in 0.03901 seconds with 8 queries