View Single Post
Old February 21, 2014, 11:35 AM   #12
Wyosmith

I have mounted many dozens of each, both EOTechs and ACOGs.
I have shot using many of them.

What do I use myself?
1X to 5X or straight 4X scopes!

I find that I do better shooting and do it faster with a standard scope than I do with either the EOtech or the ACOG.

Many of my customers and students have found the same thing.

And just to insert 2 cents worth.
I also am a former Marine and the 5 ring of the 500 yard target is not all that large. I don't have the dimensions written down, but as I recall the 5 ring is about 12-14 inches wide and about 18" tall. Shooting an M-16 at that range you'd better know how to hold and squeeze. I did it many times with both M16s and M14s.

Today I have lost most of my abilities shooting irons compared to how I could shoot when I was young, but even now, I doubt anyone would be really safe from me at 500 yds. I may not hit an enemy standing at 500 with an iron sighted rifle..........but then again I might. If I miss I bet I’d be close enough to make the enemy decide not to stand up and give me a 2nd shot.

Even a Marine “Marksman” is NOT someone you’d want to have shooting at you out to 500 yards.

A Martine “Sharpshooter” is a very dangerous adversary at that distance, and a Marine “Rifle Expert” is someone that will make them try to get REAL SMALL, even at 500.

There a high possibility they might not be able to get small enough.

Page generated in 0.03584 seconds with 8 queries