View Single Post
Old October 20, 2009, 04:39 PM   #30
Beartrak

Well, let me drop my two pennies!

I stand hunted the same lease for nearly thirty years. At that time, in Texas, if you were fortunate enough to own enough land, you didn't have to lease. If you didn't own enough, well, it was either lease, papermill land, public land or somebody kind enough to LET you hunt their place.
I always wanted to bait, but the cattle would take over any baited area and the electronic feeders were not available at that time. (yeah, I'm a dinosaur!)
From there to today, things have happened. Thanks to a young lady that thought the radio was more important than the lane she was driving in, I have a titanium hip and a crushed foot. I don't walk now like I usta!
I never had the ability to slip along to still hunt deer, they always spotted me first. Even though, I've killed a couple while walking. Anymore, I use feeders and food plots. Just because deer come to them, doesn't mean I shoot them. Since I can no longer walk, this gives me the opportunity to see what's in the area, select the deer I want, and do some culling if necessary. I am still within the game laws of the state I live in. I check the laws each year to be certain that the laws haven't changed.
P.S. - I'd probably take the larger one.

Page generated in 0.03804 seconds with 8 queries