View Single Post
Old March 29, 2008, 03:30 PM   #153
Lurper

Quote:
I understand the person that gets the first hit lives, but how did he get the first hit is the more important part for people are looking to this for information.
No one can answer that question and anyone who claims they can is a liar.

Quote:
The thread is about moving off the X you make a blanket statement about getting the first solid hit is what matters.
It demonstrably is. Moreover, no one can say that moving off of the X is what determined the outcome. There is no way to prove that. So, to try to tell someone that moving off of the X is the most important factor or tactic to use is disingenuous. Futhermore, saying that you should sacrifice hits for movement is foolish.

You read whatever you want into what I said. I have repeatedly stated that my point was not not to move, nor stand and deliver is best, yet several people want to try to make it into that. My point is that who hits first is the most important factor (not moving off of the X, seeking cover, or dancing a jig). Therefore, the primary goal of training should be to insure you can hit your target rapidly and repeatedly.

Page generated in 0.02083 seconds with 8 queries