View Single Post
Old December 17, 2013, 11:43 AM   #18
Saltydog235

I've taken 2 8's and a doe. First 8 was a dink and cost me on the club, I could have sworn he was bigger or maybe the doe was just that small. He didn't give me a lot of time to evaluate.

Saw a hammer over a clear cut but it was the first time I had hunted it since it was logged, by the time he got in range he was in the dark. Hunted him the next night and had him dead to rights but waited because his path was going to bring him broadside at 100yds. He hung up behind a bruch pile when a lady and her son came out of stand 600yds away, talking loud, slamming truck doors, cranking the truck and turning on the lights on high beam. Instead of two steps forward he went two leaps sideway and disappeared into a ditch. Haven't seen him since.

Two weeks later I shot the second 8 one morning on the same stand. We have a 16" minimum and he wasn't 15.9 or 16.1, 16 on the dot.

Shot the doe on opening day of legal does just to draw blood on the new rifle. Head shot at 120.

Earlier in the season I was seeing deer on every sit. The past month, one sighting and I'm sure it was another big buck that has been seen but I was facing the opposite direction watching a dink buck and only saw him from the shoulder back.

Can't complain about the first half of the season, probably saw 100-120 deer in that time. Nothing lately though, scratching my itchy finger right now.

Keep at it, luck is bound to turn if you are out there enough.

Page generated in 0.02661 seconds with 8 queries