Thread: Pepper spray
View Single Post
Old September 16, 2005, 01:29 PM   #38
leadcounsel

DT -- if you missed the point, sorry. It's about Mental AND Physical preparation. Can you run 3 miles and still shoot your 2" MOA at 25 yards?

How about a physical fight with an aggressor that lasts one minute before he pulls a shank, and after a minute of wrestling with him you have literally your first chance to get your gun from you IWB position. Too tired to get it?

And the physical and martial arts training is so that I CAN take a punch to the head or a shot to my vest and continue to fight back. I can also physically fight off would be aggressors trying to fight or disarm me. Can you?

That's the point.

And yes, next time you are at the range, try this timed exercise. Manually clear a round pretending it to be jammed, or even two or three (and ask yourself why you'd be carrying such a POS anyway). Then time yourself dropping the mag, clearing the jam, retrieving new mag, inserting, racking the slide. I can probably clear FIVE jams in 5 seconds, with 5 more shots in my 10 round mag. Depending on where your spare mag is I bet it takes you five seconds to replace a mag. And, what happens if your POS jams in the second mag? Do you carry a 3rd or 4th? If you aren't confident in a one mag system for your gun, get another gun and use reliable ammo. BTW with the FTF in a revolver, pull the trigger again. It is instantaneous. It is what it is.

And, I wear a vest. While you're brusing my ribs, I'm making a whole large enough to toss a cat through your chest...

PS- Malls need love too

Page generated in 0.02468 seconds with 8 queries