View Single Post
Old January 10, 2012, 02:05 PM   #5
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

I admit that I was approached with a few hefty offers from folks in the middle of the nation inquiring about my trapped pigs and hogs...

I also admit the temptation is great when you are looking at $10-25K EASY for a load of hogs...

It was my lack of proper holding facilities that stopped me initially... These folks are the only ones committing a crime if it could even be proven.

I would have paid my $10.00 per head for my vet to do the requisite "inspection" and sign off on my health certs. I am now selling livestock... legally...

The buyer would have the legit health certs. so he may not even be violating a law hauling them.

These folks never told me they were going into the pork business,they all told me they were putting them on "game farms".

I never sold a load but know of many that went that way as well as tons of feral hogs are legally sold at ag auctions. These ferals are often thought of as "ornery" domestic stock. These hogs will not be easy to put into a domestic operation and often escape immediately after purchase.

Brent

Page generated in 0.03419 seconds with 8 queries