View Single Post
Old June 9, 2009, 06:53 PM   #6
Fingers McGee

Quote:
Heres the thing... A couple people warned me about using BP pistols for a few different reasons. One was reloading time between shooting, and a potential to slow things down. I honestly thought there was more than enough time to reload between shooting (since its not loaded til a cap goes on). There is plenty of time to recharge your cylindersafter you complete a stage. I usually only take a couple shooters after me to get mine recharged. You won't slow the Posse down. The people that warned you more than likely couldn't load a C&B if they tried

What I am a little worried about though is that I was told in certain shoots you have to hit all the targets...even if that means reloading while you're up there. That...would be a bit of an issue. They were more than likely talking about shotgun targets that must fall. There are ways to handle reloads on C&Bs; all described in the SASS handbook. I can't remember the last time I had to do a pistol reload in a match - although CRS might be the reason Reloads are generally used for rifles and shotguns anymore.

Basically, I'm thinking about carrying an extra cylinder, putting caps on at the loading table to take it up with me, and then after shooting if I didn't have to use it, pull the caps off at the second table. A spare charged - but uncapped - cylinder could be handy for a Remington reload - a la Pale Rider - but if you do use one, capping must be done on the clock after the cylinder is exchanged.

Has anybody dealt with this/have suggestions? I've dealt with the nay sayers for a long time. My suggestion is - don't worry about it. Best thing you can do is partner up with someone that shoots Frontiersman on a regular basis & learn from them.
Finally - Go out and have some smokey fun!!!!!
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Page generated in 0.03783 seconds with 8 queries