View Single Post
Old August 16, 2014, 07:45 PM   #1
Deja vu

A funny Coonan Story.

So earlier today I was visiting my brother in the Boise area. He asked if I would bring a few hand guns for him to try out (read my sig: most of my hand guns are 357 magnums). One of the ones I brought is the Coonan.

Any way we get to the range and I realize that you can only use factory ammo (range rule) so I go to the counter and ask for 357 magnum. The guy looks at my Coonan (guess he just ignored the revolvers that my brother was carrying) and hands me a box of 357 sig. I tell him that I want the magnum ammo and he looks at me like I am an idiot. He says that 357 magnum is for revolvers and tries to ring me up for the sig ammo. I then pull out the mag from my Coonan (it was unloaded per the rules of the store) and show him a 357 sig wont fit in the magazine. He then tells me he does not have any 38 super ammo.

At this point my brother (who is much quicker tempered then me) in a frustrated tone say "just sell us the d#@$ 357 magnum ammo" The clerk gets a little snippy and says that he wont take refunds on the ammo once I pay for it.

I get 3 boxes of the ammo (142 grain Fiocchi) and walk in to the range where my brother and I start shooting.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...

Last edited by Deja vu; August 16, 2014 at 07:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.03297 seconds with 8 queries