View Single Post
Old August 23, 2009, 10:52 AM   #25
mskdgunman

As far as the OP question goes, 00 buck. In rgards to the poster who keeps a less lethal round as the first one in the gun, I recently spoke with one of our lead Felony intake attorneys in my area (Central Florida...10th Judicial to be exact) in regards to this on behalf of a friend. He reccommended against it legally. In FL, discharging a firearm is generally considered to be lethal force whether or not you intended to kill the person or not. If someone is in your house,shooting them with a less lethal round could expose you to more trouble then just doing it the right way to begin with in that the question will be "if you didn't feel that your life was in danger, then why did you fire the weapon at all?" as you can only use deadly force if you feel that your life is in danger. We don't use it to scare people. Would you be prosecuted? Probably not but the circumstances will of course dictate that. The civil end is where you may get hosed by the bad guy and his attorney.

In FL at least, if someone breaks into your house, it's basically game on.

Now, your local laws will of course vary and this is by no means a binding decision. It's simply an opinion from a pretty good prosecutor who has been around the block several time is also very 2A friendly (I've been shooting with him several times). LEO's have policies written for the deployment of less lethal rounds but they are never deployed without a back up standing by with a lethal force option as sometimes, all those beanbags do is **** a bad guy off. YMMV, It's just something to consider.

Page generated in 0.03188 seconds with 8 queries