Thread: Sig Custom Shop
View Single Post
Old June 16, 2013, 11:17 PM   #45
TunnelRat

Yes but drawing a correlation between some mark on the top of the slide that could easily be the result of something simple, as we can see the smith didn't do a great job at installing the sights, and the damage to the rails is tricky. That damage to the rails would have to come from the sides of the slide being bent inward (hence WVsig suggesting checking with calipers to see if the width of the slide is changing at one point, which is still a very good piece of advice). In that case I'm not sure the mark on the top is connected, and if so how? It could very well be connected, just be careful of drawing faulty conclusions.

Is the slide harder to rack through the entire length of the pull? The rails on a SIG run the full length of the slide. If the sides of the slide (say that ten times fast) were bent inward, I would think the pull would be hard the whole way though. Did you also check the inside of that side of the slide coinciding with that slide rail to see if there are any marks there as well?

My first priority would be reaming the hell out of the smith that did the work. If you do end up paying for this you want to get something back from that shop. If you do send it in to SIG do what I said and make them aware of your concerns ahead of time and in the work order. Don't just assume they'll check it.
Maintain situational awareness

Page generated in 0.02380 seconds with 8 queries