View Single Post
Old February 19, 2010, 02:16 PM   #7
WillyB71

Elk Loads - Getting Ready id half the fun

I should have been more specific.

I have been reloading centerfire rifle cartridges for 35 years, but have never loaded for this specific cartridge. I recently acquired this rifle for this hunt.

I have reloading manuals from Hornady, Sierra, Speer, & Lyman, as well as a 72 page booklet showing loads with all different bullets & powders just for the .300 Win Mag.

I would never take a forum recommended load and blindly try it without working up to it and reviewing what the manuals say is safe (like they always agree).

HOWEVER, I know there are some powder/bullet combinations that tend to be more consistent than others for some cartridges.

I also believe that there are meticulous people on this forum who have great experience loading this round. I am trying to gain some of that wisdom without the personal experimentation time if I can, taking anything anyone says with a grain of salt.

I already have three varieties of high end (i.e. expensive) big game bullets on the shelf. Two are 180 gr, one is 165 gr. I already have R22 and H4350 on the shelf.

Anyone have a load that their rifle really likes???

(You know, getting ready for a hunt like this is half the fun)

Page generated in 0.02838 seconds with 8 queries