View Single Post
Old August 19, 2011, 02:32 PM   #17
British Bobby

Quote:
Perhaps you should stumble into one of the Scottish gun makers like Dickson and Son or David McKay Brown.........or wander into Purdey, Boss, Holland and Holland, Atkin Grant and Lang, and about 2 dozen others?????
off course there are gun-makers, I never said there weren't. But apart from the fact that they cater to sporting guns (hunting rifles and shot-guns predominantly), I have lived in Glasgow for nearly 4 years and have yet to walk casually down the street somewhere and see a gun store. They are out there SOMEwhere, just not EVERYwhere

Quote:
Until recently, most Euro countries were fairly homogeneous in their ethnicity, whereas the US is far from that. People like to "stick with their own" so to speak, so the multi-cultural diversity scene, coupled with some harsh societal ills blamed on various different ethno-centric groups leads to more conflict here, thus, many feel, the need for more guns, whereas in Europe many felt safer and thus the ability of the government to enact gun control laws was simpler and easily accepted by the masses.

Now that immigration in Europe is making things ugly - youths in England, and various Eastern Europe/Middle East groups, etc. many are starting to wonder about not being allowed to protect themselves.

Maybe this will lead to some reversal, but I doubt it - governments hate giving up control
Ah, now here we are virtually in complete agreement. Racial diversity and race relations obviously have a great deal to do with the violence any society faces.

Obviously guns, crime etc would be of no consequence if people had more love and respect for the sanctity of human life and their fellow human beings. But I hardly think that's something that will ever cease to be the case.

Page generated in 0.03968 seconds with 9 queries