View Single Post
Old November 17, 2010, 09:20 PM   #41
kraigwy

The Korean M1 issue has been beat to death so I'll not address it.

I will address the complaints about the CMP and their forum.

I think its a crock. Yeah there are bad apples in every tree, but to condemn a whole forum is ridiculous to say the least.

The CMP is an excellent program. Child of the DCM started by Teddy Roosevelt. Main Goal is to provide surplus military weapons and training to the American Citizen (and Soldiers through the SDM Program). The DCM was funded by congress. In 1996 it was turned over to civilian management. The CMP receives no tax dollars, Their programs are funded by sales of surplus rifles and equipment.

The CMP Forum is an off shoot, or part of the CMP Programs. There are many veterans as members. They provide, just like this forum, guidance and advise to any and all who ask it.

Are they proud of the History of the Rifles they buy, YOU BET, as am I. I look at every mark, scratch and smudge on my CMP guns and ponder how they got there, what was the soldier doing when those blemishes got there.

I bought a used sling for my Carbine. It had a name written on the inside. My wife did a search on military sites and found that name was listed twice as serving in WWII. One, was in the SP in 1944, one in Europe in 1944. Does that information add value to my Carbine and Sling, You bet your ass it does.

I'm proud of the fact that these were AMERICAN guns, that helped the AMERICAN Soldier win that conflict. I believe a huge majority of members of the CMP Forum feel the same way.

I think we should all go to that Site and see for ourselves. Like I said, there are bad apples in every tree, but you don't cut down the whole tree.

I'm proud to be listed as a CMP Customer, I'm proud of the fact they accepted me to attend the GSM MI Course and I'm proud to say I'm a CMP GSM Master Instructor. I'm further proud to be on the list to assist in instructing the Army's SDM Program, in Conjunction with the Army Marksmanship Unit.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03331 seconds with 8 queries