View Single Post
Old July 5, 2009, 01:15 PM   #63
OuTcAsT

5whiskey,

Sounds like you did fine given the circumstances. Glad everyone (including the dogs) is OK.

As for firing at a dog inside a suburban area, I will share a story that I posted here a couple of years back;

Quote:
A few years back, I Lived in an urban area, fairly nice neighborhood, was supervising my kids, and some other neighborhood kids, playing in my yard.
I hear a child screaming across the street and see him being attacked by a dog, the dog was tossin' him like a chew toy. I ran across the street and finally, after much kicking and punching, managed to get the dog to release the childs thigh, the dog then lunged at me, I drew my 1911 and fired 1 round into the dogs head point blank, and dispatched him. I re-holstered my weapon, and began to asess the childs wounds as my wife called 911.
Apparently someone else had as well, seconds later no less than a half dozen patrol cars pulled up, I was not really paying attention as I was busy rendering first aid to the victim. Next thing I know, I have several officers drawn down on me and ordering me to the ground felony-stop style. I get a knee in my back and on my neck, cuffed, dis-armed, and after being thrown onto the hood of a black and white,and searched again, locked in the back of said black-and white.
After the situation was explained to the officers by witnesses, and by me, the officers explained quite clearly that the initial call they got was for "shots fired" they roll up and see me covered in blood and armed, and a victim on the ground. their first impression was to neutralize the obvious threat...ME. They were so happy that I had helped them out that they left me a citation for unlawful discharge of a weapon.
Note: I am NOT judging the police response here, I understand it fully, and , other than some un-necessary language, have no problem with it, (well, other than that citation) The boy had to have several surgeries, but he came through fine. The dog owner got really pi$$ed at me, but soon forgot about it when the lawsuits started piling up.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Last edited by OuTcAsT; July 5, 2009 at 01:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.02410 seconds with 8 queries