View Single Post
Old June 18, 2009, 02:06 PM   #275
easyG

Quote:
Have any of the states actually decided that one who breaks into a house "just to steal" deserves to be killed?
Again, yes.
In NC you can use deadly force to prevent someone from breaking in to your home if you believe that they are doing so with the intent to commit a felony....even if that felony is merely burglary or armed robbery.

Quote:
Well, if so, would the laws not prescribe the death penalty for such a crime? They do not, anywhere in the country.
I could be wrong, but I believe some states still allow horse thieves to be put to death.
And if you can put a man to death for stealing a horse, I don't see why you wouldn't put a man to death for stealing goods from another man's home.

And during times of crisis, like hurricanes and such, deadly force can be used against looters....and they're just stealing stuff too, right?

Quote:
I'm not going to disagree with you that we would be better without them, but it is not my place to proclaim myself judge, jury, and executioner.
It is your place if they break in to your home.

After all, how do you determine if they are a deadly threat or not?
YOU BECOME THE JUDGE.

How do you determine if you need to use deadly force?
YOU ARE THE JURY.

Would you take their life if you JUDGED them to be a threat to your life?
If so, then you also adopt the role as EXECUTIONER.

If you're uncomfortable adopting these roles if need be, then perhaps you really don't need a firearm?

Quote:
I also find it disturbing that anyone here would think that someone who commits a crime where the death penalty is not a legal punishment actually deserves to die. This shows a clear intent to shoot to kill rather than shoot to stop.

Threads of this type are enlightening and disturbing at the same time. The preference, and in some cases even desire, for killing someone feeds right into the anti-gunners stereotype of gun owners.
Do you want honest thoughts and honest open conversation, or do you want politically correct let's-not-anger-the-anti-gunners kind of conversation?
Are you willing to sacrifice your right to free speech for your right to bear arms.
Owning a gun doesn't mean much if you live in a nation where you are afraid to speak your mind openly....even if your views might be unpopular.

Last edited by easyG; June 18, 2009 at 02:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.03845 seconds with 8 queries