View Single Post
Old March 23, 2005, 05:05 PM   #18
Arc Angel

Quote:
I'd stock brands such as Springfield, Colt, HK, Glock, S&W, Bersa, Taurus, Kel-Tec, Winchester, Remington, Bushmaster, Armalite, Kahr, Kimber, SIG, IMI, Ruger, Marlin, Mossberg, CZ, Beretta, Benelli, have at least 1 of every model for display only, and sell at a small cost above what it costs me, I believe more can be made in a higher quantity of sales, not prices.
Fine, now you’ve got at least, $350,000.00 of (hopefully) your own money out on the table; and you’re going to need an additional, $200,000.00 held in reserve in order to make, ‘inventory corrections’ and reorder additional supplies and newly discovered accessories within 6 months of opening the place.

Quote:
As for security, the store would be clean, a tile floor, white walls, all manufacturers posters will be framed, and there will be 2 rooms. One is my general office, the other room, a vault lined with concrete and steel with a vault door. The store security system would be in the vault itself, so you have to be inside to arm/disarm. Motion detectors in all rooms of course. All firearms will be taken out and put back in the vault as the day ends or begins, and along with selling firearms, of course ammunition as well, along with law enforcement gear.
Sounds great; but the initial concept is naïve; and I can promise you, if put to the test, it’s NOT going to work!

Quote:
And to top all that off, a consistent series of GunBroker listings and/or an online store.
Forget about any strong reliance on, ‘GunBroker.com’; it’ll never live up to your required expectations; and as for that website? You’ve got one of two ways to go: Hook up with a major wholesaler and piggyback onto his website, or start your own internet entity from scratch, shell out another, $15-20,000.00 and wait for 18 to 24 months while it (hopefully) catches on.

I’ll offer one last opinion on setting up your own shooting range: If the gun shop is successful, then, go ahead and do it; as a stand-alone facility, though, forget about it! I, also, couldn’t help to notice that you have overlooked training and education; two things you should definitely get into BEFORE moving ahead with that range; and you haven’t mentioned a word about the kind of personnel you would staff this facility with? Let me assure you the quality of the people you put behind the counter can increase or decrease gross sales by as much as 30 or 40 percent!

Just as long as it isn’t in my neighborhood, I’d love to see another good gun shop come into existence; and I’m not a big fan of the, ‘Super-Size Sporting Goods Store’ approach and those inevitable high prices that result. I wish you well.

Page generated in 0.04047 seconds with 8 queries