View Single Post
Old April 17, 2012, 03:26 PM   #18
shortwave

Quote:
I found out later that it was a neighbor that had been sneaking onto the property without permission.
I've posted of this before but three members of the same family have come close to shooting me on my own property.
They are a 'poster family' for the commercial titled...
'A mind is a terrible thing to waste'.

Lets start with how I met the dad:

Was splitting wood in the yard one fall afternoon. The splitter ran out of gas and just as it shut off, there was a shotgun blast that sounded like it was right next to me. As I ducked, buckshot rained down over me. I looked in the woods no more then 20-30yds and saw a guy standing there with a shotgun.
I realized he was shooting at squirrels literally at the edge of the yard, I then did something very stupid, flew mad and ran down there to where he was. I asked this guy who he was, he told me he lived across the road. As I'm telling him off, I couldn't help but notice the beer can setting at his feet along with the outline of cans(assuming more beer) stuffed in his hunting vest. Told him to leave and never come back.

Next, the son(12 yrs. old at the time):

He was walking a bottom of a steep banked ravine shooting at squirrels that were running the trees at the top of the ravine walls. With a 22. No background what-so-ever. I'm up in my tree stand, atop the ravine and his first shot bought took me out of the stand.
His dad sent him back in the woods and told him how to hunt the ravine.

Third was the daughter(11 yrs old at the time):

Deer shotgun season. At first light,I shoot a doe which ran into an old dried up pond full of cattails. Waited about 30mins. and proceeded into the cattails expecting to retrieve the deer. Next thing I know, a shotgun blast that sent a slug over-top my head. I started yelling, came up out of there to find this young girl sitting on a stump.
Her moron dad had brought her down there, sit her on the stump and told her to shoot at anything around the pond. He told her if she shot a deer to come home and get him. He would be sleeping on the couch.
As I was standing there trying to figure out what kind of idiot would leave their young daughter in the woods alone, I looked down and saw blood. Apparently, I flushed the deer I shot out the girls side of the pond, she shot at it and deer ran down into the ravine.
I told her she had shot a deer to go get her dad. When they came back, I asked him to step down into the ravine without the girl and he and I had ANOTHER not so friendly discussion.

Don't have anymore trouble with them since LE busted the dad for crack.
I'm sure glad the woman of the house didn't hunt and there's no more family members.

Page generated in 0.02341 seconds with 8 queries