View Single Post
Old July 14, 1999, 03:08 PM   #13
Danger Dave

Skorzeny,

I'm sorry if you thought I intended any disrespect to the Gracies or Brazilian Ju-Jitsu. None was intended, I assure you. I only compared their popularity, and the resultant surge in popular interest in the martial arts they studied. My point was that the Gracies have largely contributed to the current surge in popularity of Ju-jitsu, much like the success of Bruce Lee contributed to the popularity of Kung Fu, etc. Is that not so?

My point was that just because a school says "Brazilian Ju-jitsu" or "The Chuck Norris System" or "Kyokushin-Kai" or even "Chang Moo Kwan" on the door, doesn't mean that the classes are taught by legitimate martial arts instructors. You have to check for yourself. Cavaet emptor, you know.

As to your other comments about the effectiveness/usefulness of TKD, Aikido, and Hapkido, I have to say that, subject to the limitations outlined in the preceding paragraph, you are wrong.

BTW, there are rules for every competition which limit the techniques of the competitors. So, no competition - not even NHB tournaments - translates into an absolute, unquestionable superiority in a fight.

[This message has been edited by Danger Dave (edited July 14, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.02794 seconds with 8 queries