View Single Post
Old November 8, 2001, 01:16 AM   #20
slick slidestop

I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with them, but I think more trials are needed for you.

Whatever you do, sight in your rifle with the ammo you will be shooting. In my experiments, the different ammo performed much differently from one type to the next, sometimes grouping as much as 12-14 inches in a different direction as the other groups!!!!!

What I did was decided to try 5 different rounds that I thought would be effective for my Hunting. (Whitetail , West Texas shots out to possibly 400 yds) Federal Game King BTSP,Federal Nosler Partitions,Remington Core-lokt, Winchester Ballistic Tips, and something in Hornady cant remember which.

Then I shot groups using all of the AMMO I pre- selected found the one that was the most accurate out of my Rifle (which was ballistically the best round for me anyway) and sighted in my rifle with that Ammo.

The Core-lokt was the next to the last as far as good groups out of my weapon but it was good enough for Deer hunting. Your weapon may like the Core-lokt and it may not, you need to experiment.

I ended up with Federal Sierra Game King Boat tails (BTSP) out of my 7MM rem Mag. They cost about $18.00 per box and I can shoot consistantly less than 1" groups off of a rest, often shooting several 3/4 and 1/2 inch groups.

Sure, I'm not in any Benchrest competition, but that 1 inch on a rest opens way up at 300 yards with no rest and Buck fever to boot, so accuracy is a necessity for me

Page generated in 0.02380 seconds with 8 queries