View Single Post
Old April 22, 2001, 11:39 AM   #24
PaladinX13

Okay, lemme repeat that it is NOT my argument that knives, sticks, canes, swords, machete, etc. are not used in self-defense or by criminals against guns (being used in self-defense or an attacker). Art hit it on the head, when he describes it as a Showdown... that's where I doubt the usefulness of this experiment.

Most of the examples being cited would better be served by an experiment using simunitions and bokken in a kill house, open space, etc. Quite a bit different than two drawing for the camera, or even against each other with a third party shouting "DRAW!"

Art, I live in the Republic of New Jersey where CCW is a rare as hen's teeth, I'm also a bigger collector of knives than firearms- but I can honestly say that the police here get excited enough over a pocket knife that you might as well have a so-called "assault rifle" strapped to your back. I'm a big guy that doesn't need a 3 inch piece of steel to harm or hurt anyone, but somehow that makes me dramatically more dangerous in their eyes. Um, sorry... rant mode off.

Page generated in 0.02402 seconds with 8 queries