View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013, 03:21 AM   #77
jimpeel

The facts are the facts: Violent crime follows firearms controls.

In Britain they confiscated firearms and the EU has now declared Britain to be the most violent country in the EU. SOURCE

Other examples include Mexico, Chicago, New York, D.C., et al. Violent crimes escalated after firearms controls were enacted. The overall violent crime rate went up. If firearms were the cause of violence, why did all violent crime escalate after firearms controls were enacted?

If one creates criminals from whole cloth then the number of criminals goes up. Colorado is creating criminals from their previously law abiding citizens of which I shall be one. I will not abide by these laws nor will I vote to convict anyone held to answer for any of these laws if I am a juror.

After all, how can the common man be expected to have respect for the law when those who author the laws demonstrate no respect for the Supreme Law of the Land, and the Supreme Law of the State of Colorado, from which all laws are derived?

As for magazine regulation, what good are arms without the accoutrements thereto? To bear arms is to also bear that on which they depend for their effectiveness to deter attack or tyranny.

The Second Amendment is there so that the citizenry would be able to possess the best tools to protect themselves from government should that government become a despotic and tyrannical. The question is "What do they have planned for the citizens of Colorado that they feel the need to remove from the citizens the tools necessary to protect themselves from the government should it become a despotic and tyrannical?"

Jus' sayin' ...

"Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house." - Jules Henri Poincare

"Three thousand people died on Sept. 11 because eight pilots were killed"
-- former Northwest Airlines pilot Stephen Luckey

Page generated in 0.03685 seconds with 8 queries