View Single Post
Old February 6, 2011, 12:13 AM   #102
Jimmy10mm

I'm no expert on HP or their manufacture throughout their history. OTOH, I'm 62 years old and have owned a number of them including a post war FN, a T- series, a C prefix model and just recently bought a type III from Vector Arms with tangent sight, slotted back strap and the most beautiful blue you've ever seen on a HP from any vintage AFAIC. Fit and finish are flawless as is the function so far.

Reading Blake Stephens book one thing becomes obvious. FN made changes to the HP that were improvements. The barrel bushing, the improved safety release for a couple of examples.

If you go to the Blake Stephens book on pages 168 and 169 he addresses the changes in the extractor and in the roll pin for the sear lever. Stephens says, "The series of modifications thus embodied the elusive but very happy combination of decreased cost of manufacture with the function equal or superior to what had gone before."

He does not mention the cast frame or the .40 which precipitated the need for it. He does go through the various models of the HP that FN experimented with which shows me that they were, and probably still are open to innovation and improvement of their product line.

Page generated in 0.02252 seconds with 8 queries