Thread: Powder
View Single Post
Old September 3, 2008, 09:12 AM   #19
Stumper

Here is a link to ADI's powder equivalency chart. Please note that it is not NOT Not for extrapolating data from one powder to another. It merely shows powders grouped with other powders that are within 5% of one another in burning speed in the standard "closed bomb" test and thus suggests which powders are likely to be useful in similar applications with similar (NOT INTERCHANGABLE) charge weights.

Useful info in considering switching over to a new powder and also for creating caution if you see hugely differing suggested charge weights for powders in the same group. http://www.adi-limited.com/handloade...quivalents.asp

Regarding the original question. Most pistol powders will have tested loads for all of your selected cartridges. Like others my first thought for good performance in multiple calibers has long been Unique. 231 should prove useful and economical in all of yours also. I've long used Red Dot in most pistol loads ( I bought a lot of it long ago).

"If only God has magic, how does Santa get down the chimney?" Natalie Peters age 4

Page generated in 0.02505 seconds with 8 queries