View Single Post
Old December 24, 2012, 04:24 PM   #18
jimbob86

Quote:
no they are not "made to kill people", any more so than a knife is made to stab people, or a hammer is made to whack someone over the head with. They can all do those things, but that is not what their express purpose is.....they are tools, they are given purpose by the hands that hold them.
People knew that a generation ago ..... for all the money we have spent on education, I think we have failed at spending it wisely .....

There was a line in the movie "Shane" I am trying to remember .... went something like, "A gun is a tool, Marian, like an axe, or a shovel or anything, and is no better or worse than the man holding it. Remember that."

Two points:

1: Seriously: How is limiting everybody's ability to get this gun or that gun going to do any good at all for the problem at hand, when a nutter shows up with any weapon at all, even a hatchet or a baseball bat, in a kindergarten class room? He'll kill until he gets tired of killing, or someone shows up with greater force than he has, whichever comes first. The only real answer is to arm the people that are there.....

2:Which brings me to my second point, which is: Those behind the drive to ban guns don't care about protecting kindergarteners, or anybody else (except themselves -THEY have armed guards). They want guns banned. ALL of them, except those they have control over. Gun Control always been about CONTROL, not guns. You can not control a free man if he is armed. To do this, they'll use whatever crisis comes up: this nutter used an AR, so they ban Semi-Autos..... the next one used a deer rifle, so then they ban "Sniper Rifles" ..... then handguns..... the Euros are down to registering kitchen knives ...... yet their murder and assault rates are higher than ours ..... and those seeking control will ALWAYS have another fix for every problem that pops up ...... it will just involve you surrendering just a little bit more of your cash/time/liberty .....

Quote:
Looking at target shooting only, no zombie crap, or the need to defend my country against foreign invaders.

It's not the foreign invaders/enemies that most worry me......

Page generated in 0.02400 seconds with 8 queries