View Single Post
Old February 10, 2011, 05:49 PM   #2
dogtown tom

Quote:
maillemaker
I know they have clamped down over the years on what it takes to get an FFL, but how hard is it to do? Can I set up an "in home" internet-based gun store? I don't have a brick-and-mortar place to be a store except for my home. I have a shop room that can constitute an actual "place of business" easily enough.
It's easy as filling out the application and mailing it in with a check.

It is internet myth that a brick & mortar storefront is required by ATF- never has been, never was, likely never will be. If you can legally operate a business at your proposed "licensed premises" then ATF will issue you a Federal Firearms License. That "licensed premises" can be your dining room, spare bedroom or a tin shed with dirt floor in your backyard. The "licensed premises" is is the only place where you can conduct business (other than a gun show).

Operating legally means holding all permits, business licenses, sales tax certificates, etc as required by you state, county, city and even homeowners association if you have one. If your home is zoned residential and home based business is not allowed.....no FFL for you. ATF will check to see that you meet all these requirements.

An FFL is only issued to a person or business who intends to be in the business of dealing (or manufacturing) firearms. You will not get a license if you plan to use it to enhance your personal collection.

There are numerous threads on this forum and many others that detail how to go about getting an FFL. If you go to ATF.gov they even have "How to Become an FFL" http://www.atf.gov/firearms/industry/

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.02800 seconds with 8 queries