View Single Post
Old February 2, 2014, 10:46 PM   #8
Mystro

Great write up. I noticed the top few pics were of a Mountain Ascent.

I took mine apart from the stock as soon as I purchased mine. I wanted to check how well it was bedded and see the proprietary stock to barrel system I read about. Kimber did a revolutionary job with the internal pillar bedding. It really does fit the barrel perfectly all the way back to the end of the action.. I took some reference pictures of the action and inside of the stock. I was impressed with the quality of the stock and fit and finish. I like to use blue loctite when reinstalling the stock. I have a 308 and its accuracy is excellent despite the crappy range conditions this winter. I didn't touch the trigger, it was outstanding right out of the box.
My Montana has become my main hunting rig and is a flyweight killing machine.
Gotta love the weight...or lack of it. Now I want one in 223 or 243 for a predator rig.

[

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"

Last edited by Mystro; February 2, 2014 at 11:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.03754 seconds with 8 queries