View Single Post
Old July 11, 2013, 10:27 AM   #52
45_auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchman
All these people saying 5 rounds will be enough are lying to themselves.
It's been enough for me every time (8 years sheriff deputy) when I needed it, and also enough for a cousin of mine the one time when she needed it.

How many situations have you been in where it wasn't enough?

Quote:
Read up on recent crime trends; the pattern is multiple people breaking into your house together.
Around here the trend is still a single person committing B&E's (breaking and entering) or burglaries. Multiple aggressors are very rare. The FBI crime stats show the same thing. Where are you getting your statistics on the number of multiple vs single break-ins? Links would be helpful.

Quote:
Honestly, the revolver does not shine as a primary concealed carry weapon and/or a primary home defense weapon.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the type of weapon (revolver or semi-auto) you happen to have available if you ever need it is one of the most un-important factors in a self-defense situation and fades to irrelevance. Situational awareness, training, and mindset far overshadow weapon choices.

However, for internet warrior purposes, it is much easier to compare number of bullets, reload times, potential number of aggressors, ammo power (ft-lb), barrier penetration, flatness of trajectory, etc. Carry on.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlumpy
That 8 round shotgun would probably be beyond what most would consider "short barreled".
scotchman: How so? A 18.5" pump shotgun with factory magazine extension will hold 6+1 or 7+1. A 20" can easily get up to 8+1. 18" is the shortest a shotgun can legally be without being an NFA item.
Most people on here would probably consider a "short barreled shotgun (SBS)" to be less than 18", or a "short barreled rifle (SBR)" to be less than 16", per the standard ATF definitions.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/nati...-shotguns.html

Last edited by 45_auto; July 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Page generated in 0.03625 seconds with 8 queries