View Single Post
Old October 14, 2010, 09:02 AM   #8
Don P

I shoot IDPA and USPSA. Most of the match directors will allow folks who help set up the stages shoot free on match day. ALL match directors instruct the shooters that they are required to tare down the stage that they end there match on. They are also instructed to help paste targets during the match. RO/SO are also instructed that any shooters that feel they do NOT need to help out will NOT be scored for the match. As far as I know to date NO person has shot a match without being scored because of not helping out. Some shooters are young, some are older and some are women. They ALL HELP out. That is what makes for a fun day working together and camaraderie. Every once in awhile someone will have to leave early if the match is running slower that normal that day. It also depends on the turnout on any given day. Common sense should prevail, the more shooters that show, the more shooters per squad and stage the more time it will take. I have been at matches that have 30-40 shooters show and matches that have 90-110 shooter show. A quick look at the numbers will tell which match was shot quicker and who went home first.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.

Page generated in 0.04404 seconds with 8 queries