View Single Post
Old April 17, 2002, 01:08 PM   #55
jmlv

I like my dogs big. the bigger the better

in some cases. current couch potato is a smallish(for the breed) Saint Bernard. she definately does get most folks attention. And she is protective of the home.
Boris,
I have been doing research on the giant breeds for a number of years. Two of the most protective and guard like are of the mastriff breed. These dogs are downright dangerous to non family members And this is with no training but basic obedience
These dogs are the Filia Brassero of brazil and the Neopolitian
Mastiff from italy. These animals while from different backgrounds actually have similar traits. and are of a similar size (150 - over 200LB) Have you worked with either of these breed? I am personally intrested in the Neo and want one in the future. I realize that will require special needs to make sure the dog has limited acess to strangers when I am not around including family not living with me. (These dogs are extremely dangerous to strangers trepassing they can and do bite. - with no protectionguard training whatso ever) they are ausome companians and home guards through. like anything else great power required great responsibility.
MOLON LABE!

Page generated in 0.05188 seconds with 7 queries