View Single Post
Old February 14, 2002, 04:36 PM   #54
I live in the city limits of Tucson. I have checked a couple of times and never found a city oridenance concerning the amounts of smokeless or black powder that one can hold on your property. When I called the city a fews years back, I was refered to the NFPA (National Fire Prevention Administration) recommendations. It states in the NFPA that the limit for a private individual is 30 pounds of powder and 10,000 primers. It then states if the powder is held in a specially constructed magazine the amount is greater. SInce I never have had, nor plan on having more than 10 or twenty pounds in the garage at any one time, I didn't give this a second thought. The idiots on the news may be calling a fire code a "law". It is not the same thing.

I sure hope that the military rounds that were reportedly "stolen" can be proven to be legal. This poor guy probably picked them up at a gunshow or swap meet, not knowing what he bought. Even if the munitions are inert, he could still get charged with possession of stolen property. He is in for a rough ride. And he is just the kind of victim liberal prosecutor love: doesn't have enough money to mount a serious defense, had a stoke, so he is physically incapable to defend himself and has been painted as a gun crazed maniac by the press.
These are the words of Stuckatwork.
They don't represent the views or opinions
of my employers. They aren't that clever.
Page generated in 0.07645 seconds with 7 queries