View Single Post
Old November 25, 2001, 12:07 PM   #1
Kaylee

About that SWAT magazine thing...

I thought I'd see what the fuss was all about, and went to look at the PDF y'all posted -- thanks for the preview guys!

Seemed well-written, and good content, but I have to admit, I was a little disturbed by something. It seemed to me that the prevailing attitude throughtout most of the articles was "well.. the special forces and elite foreign military units are using this, so we must need it to in law enforcement." I confess, as I was reading throuth the articles, I found myself wondering, only half in joking, "what, is the next issue gonna have an article on proper tactical use of the mortar, claymores, or SAW?"

I don't mean to start a cop-bashing thread, and anyone who knows me knows I have nothing but respect for the guys out there doing a tough job without a lot of appreciation. That said.. seems to me things like SWAT are helping erase the diff 'tween the armed forces and the police forces. I mean, seems to me that at some point, if it walks like a Marine, talks like a Marine.... it's prolly a Marine, ya know? Twenty more years of this, you think we might as well just dispense with special police units entirely, and transition 'em all over to MPs, for all the diff it would make?

Again.. don't mean to step on anyone's toes. I was just a little disturbed reading through the thing, and wondered what the rest of y'all thought about it.

-K
Kaylee is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05410 seconds with 7 queries