View Single Post
Old March 24, 2024, 01:13 PM   #17
44 AMP
Staff

The barrel has a step in it, this was the standard military profile, but, that isn't a guarantee it was a military rifle.

I don't think it was made as a military action, because while it does have the stripper clip guide, it does not have the thumb slot in the left side of the action wall. I don't know about the 93, but my Swede 96 (which is a 95 pattern action) has the thumb slot, as do all the military 98 versions.

The stock is either highly reworked military (the straight grip suggests a 95 to me) or possibly "civilian" wood with that style.

Caliber is probably 7x57mm but take it to an actual gunsmith (not the guy who builds ARs and calls himself a gunsmith) and have a chamber cast done and then once the correct cartridge is determined, have the headspace checked.

IF it all checks out, there's no reason it can't be fired safely, so long as you keep the ammo pressure within the intended range for that era rifle.

Page generated in 0.03261 seconds with 7 queries