View Single Post
Old March 10, 2024, 08:56 AM   #18
jmr40

I don't see it happening in my lifetime. The 1994-2004 ban only passed by 1 vote in the house. In fact it failed by 1 vote with only a couple of minutes left to vote. I don't recall who, but a single congressman changed his vote at the last second.

And that ban didn't really ban much of anything. Cosmetic changes were made to the guns and NEW magazines had to be limited to 10 rounds. But there were literally millions of older magazines re-imported into this county and resold.

In 1994 rifles such as the AR-15 were uncommon. I didn't own one and I didn't know anyone who owned one. But I bought my 1st AR during the ban. Of course, it couldn't have a muzzle brake or bayonet lug. I had to buy used magazines, but they worked fine.

By 2004 when the ban ended, I didn't know anyone that didn't have an AR. The ban only sold the very rifles they tried to stop. And after 2004 sales have exploded. There are almost twice as many AR's out there as there are lever action 30-30's.

I don't see how they could ban the most common, most popular rifle in American history. You'd be surprised at how many people who consider themselves Liberals own them.

Winston Churchill

Page generated in 0.02798 seconds with 7 queries