View Single Post
Old November 13, 2023, 10:22 AM   #19
Jaywalker

There have been a few minor disappointments with the purchase of the A400.

First, it does not come with a paper manual, and the Beretta site was down for the weekend after I received it and so it wasn't available when I wanted to de-grease it. Also, AFAIK, there is no A400 manual to be had. Best I could find online was a Beretta "Auto" manual which included both the A400 and A300. This is pretty weak, especially when they specify, "Please keep this manual with the shotgun at all times."

Second, the shotgun came with only three choke tubes - Cylinder (!), Modified and Full - no Improved Cylinder (IC). Since I expect to leave an IC installed 95% of the time this is something that I need to fix immediately. Fortunately, Beretta is having a sale on their Optima HP tubes and I ordered an IC from Amazon for $35.

Third, the cheap plastic choke wrench Beretta included does not work with the Cylinder choke, The plastic fingers just slip down inside the choke and don't grab it at all. It works okay with Modified, and I'll see if it works on the IC choke when it arrives. Fortunately, I have my good choke wrench from my 686, and I suppose I can use a dime if necessary. Weak, Beretta.

My next outing will be with a couple of new to me factory loads, the Baschieri & Pellagri Competition One, and some 3/4oz 1075fps from flats I ordered.

Page generated in 0.03482 seconds with 8 queries