Thread: M1903-A4
View Single Post
Old July 19, 2023, 07:36 AM   #8
highpower3006

Quote:
While the gun has been restored to a military appearance, personally I wouldn't consider it a restoration, as much as a "re-creation".
I respectfully disagree.

To me, a re-creation would have been if I started with a standard '03-A3 and created a faux A4 out of it. Or, to use a car analogy, the difference would be like restoring a '32 ford back to original after it had been hot-rodded in the 50's vs building one with a Brookfield '32 body, a repop 32 frame and using an 8BA engine.

In the case of the rifle I started with, the original rifle was a real A4 (note the offset nomenclature on the receiver), that I restored it back to it's original specifications using nearly all actual WWII GI parts with the notable exception of the scope. I freely admit that it is not "correct" for an actual A4 sniper rifle, but it is a real Weaver scope, not a repro, that I believe to be a pre war item. If it's not pre war, it really doesn't matter all that much to me as it is a placeholder until I find a more correct 330C model scope.

c

Page generated in 0.02048 seconds with 7 queries